sábado, fevereiro 24, 2007

Last stop: Srajevo

Early morning said good bye to Mostar and started my train journey to Sarajevo. I was very glad I could head to Sarajevo by train ones that from Belgrade was not possible. Many people were waiting for the first of two daily trains, jumped inside and took a free place in a compartment where only one boy was sat, two minutes later the compartment was invaded by 6 or 7 people more.. we started talking and when I said I was Portuguese one of the boys started talking Portuguese with me...A Bosnian boy what made it seams even more weired! well short story: war times, his mother best friend was a Portuguese lady who's husband was a militar. Grow up playing with Portuguese kids and even was in Portugal for vacations...never forgot the language and even had some Portuguese's music in his laptop... what a lovely journey between beautiful landscape and friendly locals that tough me a lot about Bosnian feelings and concepts...

It seamed to me that was only the time of closing and open my eyes and the train arrived in Sarajevo. Alone again, was time to discover the town.

Gorgeous Sarajevo full of ethnic details, lovely people and very very hot... was the main idea I got about it!

Very tiered of my short but deep trip I needed to take a rest.

Needed money...went to ATM machine, something was wrong no one of my cards was working and of course Estonian croons was not accepted...maybe some pontual reason but my feeling keep telling me was not only that...something was happening and be without money in sarajevo was only the beginning.

Sarajevo brought me specially feelings...almost all the time alone just in the end I sat in a cafeteria where the lady saw how tiered I was and even older her English was enough to make me feel comfortable and invite me to go under water she was using to water the plants. Such feelings made feel like come back ones to know more about this city and people...one day :)