sábado, fevereiro 03, 2007

Mostar: walking in a painting...

Very tiered, sleepy, 12 hours inside of a night bus and after cross beautiful mountains with a strong sun in my eyes I needed some rest...

A lovely old lady, without speaking any english, rented me one room in her house and for the cheapest price I had a gorgeous room only for myself (definitely needing it) :)

1 pm and I was ready to face Mostar. I knew nothing about Mostar than that I was suppose to find a beautiful paradise but in my way to center was possible to see the war marks still... and nothing beautiful... one thing I could see: a divided city. one side of the blue river was catholic and the other side Muslim. Two different cultures finally co-existing.

15 minutes of walking and i thought I was entering in a painting: Old town.

Mostar is gorgeous. I was expecting a lot but even like this it was above my expectations.

A old hippi man smiles to me and ask me if I want to sit with him in his carpet. why not? :) very surprised with my nationality he shouted many questions. the sun was hot and the river was calling for me :) I sat in a stone, puted my feet inside water and leted me stay there for hours...dreaming...just dreaming.

Suddenly I start to listen some claps...when i looked to the very old and reconstructed bridge I see a local on his swimsuit preparing himself to... dive! and he did it! amazing jump... hey i want to jump too! :) brave Tania was not that brave :) not anymore :) there was a time that I was jumping in waterfalls, bridges... not anymore...less brave? less stupid...maybe.

the night was falling, bringing even more beauty to town...there was a concert in a stadium: two days alone...I started feeling lonely already, but it's a secret...don't tell ;)

My time in Mostar was great...some how I felt comfortable to see a town that ones was completely destroyed by a war without a meaning (another one) now reconstructed and keeping going on...

was time to head to Sarajevo, ai... I couldn't wait :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

È bom saber que estás de volta à estrada, afinal de contas foi o que sempre desejaste. Que o vento doce te acompanhe. Boa sorte

3:40 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home