sábado, dezembro 30, 2006

Belgrade: The longest journey

What time is it? can't be...

4,5 hours late our train arrived in Belgrade. the only train that could take Marta to Warsaw on time to catch the plain to Lisbon already left. What to do? when does it leave next train to Warsaw? will it be there on time? but i checked in Internet...was there! next train leaves in the evening to Budapest if from there would be possible to be in Warsaw at right time we didn't know but we knew that was Marta only chance...

faced the first "problem" was my turn: change Estonian croons to euros. of course was not possible anywhere! we crossed all the city and nothing!

Trying to find a nice and cheap place to eat a nice girl came in our direction and asked if we need some help...we did! we were exhausted from the trip, sleepy, tiered and somehow disappointed because things were not going in the right direction.

Anna took us to eat :) and was a precious help to find a hostel for myself to stay a couple of nights. We met her very nice friends, danced traditional Serbian dances in the middle of town and we arranged to meet in the evening ones that was happening in town a big and free music festival where Kusturica would be playing.

Time to say goodbye to Marta and wish good luck to each other. Time of departure was getting closer, time to continue alone...

I saw Marta leaving in a very small train and headed to the festival where I understood was impossible to try to find whoever I wish... went to the meeting point a couple of times but the place was so crowded that I just felt like have a beer and appreciate the cool music.

Walked a bit and suddenly someone touched me and was Anna :) we found each other :) many and soooo nice friends i had a lovely evening.

next day was time to visit better the city and think about next destination: should i head alone to Bosnia or just go back to Warsaw and see what was happening with K.? :) in that day I saw a local trying to sell some old stuff in the street and one leader bag kept my attention... in that instant came to my head that could be the perfect present to someone that was taking care of my luggage :)

The world called me Lauder... will it someday speak quit and let other feelings speak lauder? who knows...

decided that two full days and one night in Belgrade was enough :) I was decided to go to the south of Bosnia to Mostar.

In that night I catched my 12 hours bus to the most spectacular village (at the time I didn't know...).

I was the only foreigner taking the bus...one little girl tried to speak with me but soon understood that could have in reply nothing more than a smile. :)

The mountains were perfect landscape for sunrise :) couldn't fall a sleep just thinking that I could be missing one minute of that beauty.

early morning, bus station, something happened with my feet, were hurting a lot...seamed to me that nothing was happening in Mostar. was i right?was I wrong?

Tania