domingo, dezembro 10, 2006

Heading to Warsaw

Farewell party was obvious very emotional... The happy family together, making promises to see eachother soon, laughing and crying at the same time, selling recycled wallets for my trip :) 6 am, time to call a cab...The 16 hours bus that would take me to Warsaw was a open door to my trip...

Alone, crying like a baby, seeing my world friends staying behind I was sure was high time to leave: The world was waiting for me :)


What time is it? Midnight already? But at midnight I was suppose to arrive in Warsaw. Will my host still waiting for me? I will arrive at 2 am, two hours late,with two big suitcases, alone, no host phone number or address...Nothing :) trusted completely that someone I don't know will be waiting for me...

The Bus stops...Not the most friendly place in the world believe me! Some American girl as worried as I was but still very distant jumped from the bus with me...What to do?

Started to see some figures in the darkness coming in my direction, some friendly face smiled to me and said my name: Tania? - yes, I am Tania :) a big hug like old friends was enough to feel it :)

solved the American girl problem we went home :) his home :) a Russian family was also there with him "he wanted to help them" he said. For me was simply great :) if its a rarity see Portuguese people traveling, a Russian cool family with two little kids backpacking was even more exotic.

The small flat seamed gorgeous to me, in one of the walls I could find a picture of Lisbon :) in the kitchen the food plates was like mine in Lisbon...No,no,no not Ikea pack but my father single pack of plates that he gave me when I moved to my first flat. J. attitude with the russian family and myself made me in the first moment look at him with a different look...I was expecting something so different from Poland.

Next day, young Russian family left and Cool Jakub walked me around :) not before a big polish breakfast :) in that night a Austriac couchsufer was with us, we met some "friends", had some wine and beers and sat in a garden drinking but this is a secret :) In Poland is not aloud to drink in the streets...

A bit drunk me and my host started to be a bit happy...Well 5 months in Estonia, meeting great guy's,travelers with so many experiences to tell,and myself always jumping out in the last moment and there I was :) available! Jesus, so available that I was not even ashamed to be like that :) a magic feeling fell a sleep with me (us) but next morning was nothing there... No one talked about it.

packed my small backpack, time was Running :) at 5 pm I had to be in the airport: Marta was coming :) together we were suppose to head to Greece to meet catarina. I didn't see both for 5 months...

said good bye to jakub, was not easy, but was the world calling me and when we are in love with the world no one can stop us :) and at 5 am I was hugging my best friend at the airport!

We have to run :) we have a train leaving to Romania soon.. Run Marta, run...Life is too short to walk around :)

My two big suitcases, my laptop, somehow my heart stayed in Warsaw but there I was with my body, my mind, my fire heading ones again to what I most wanted in this life: Travel!

Tania from the moon